mercoledì 8 giugno 2011

Okkervil River

Okkervil River - Piratess:



Lyrics:

Who wrote those lines on the wall? Let's retrace where they scrawled ancient characters. 
It's 2:00, and you sister's slip falls, and the afternoon crawls across the room and tackles her. 
I don't think that you would sink that ship that's only passing through, 
because I don't believe that you might be a murderess. 
But I saw inside each small, dark eye, as it was turning blue, 
all the strength inside to do just what the captain says and hang the rest.

Moved by the rhyme in the psalm, we agreed that it was wrong, and to believe in it. 
Oooh!, swooned the wall all night long. But a lie's a lie, no matter what guy's breath's in it. 
I don't know that I would go that far down some dark avenue, 
with a whispering crew of shadows all protecting it. 
But I saw inside each small white lie, as it was turning true, 
the ability to do all things expected of it.

Oh, murderess, in the wilderness. With your victims all around you. 
As their combined love forms a pool your knife's reflected in, 
And now I'm ready, too, with my throat to you. 
On this mountain. By this moon. 
And what I want the most to do is prove that I'm not like them.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento